• Funded by the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund
• Valued at $15,000 per year for the duration of the course of study, subject to satisfactory progress
• Several scholarships awarded each year
Who can apply?
• Students completing Year 12 in 2010 in a Victorian school
• Students who were affected by the 2009 Victorian bushfires who are enrolling in a course of tertiary or vocational education in the year following the completion of their secondary education and whose families are continuing to experience financial hardship as a result of the fires, or
• Students who were affected (physically, psychologically or financially) by the 2009 Victorian bushfires who are enrolling in a course of tertiary or vocational education in 2011 that is directly related to bushfire preparedness, response and recovery (e.g. medicine, nursing, paramedic and first aid training, emergency management, social or youth work or environment management)
• The student's current-end-year results
• The student's enrolment confirmation into the approved course
• The student's or their family's financial circumstances
• The impact of the 2009 Victorian bushfires on the student and their family
• The student's overall academic performance and ability to complete the chosen course of study
• The student's overall participation in extra-curricular activities; and
• The student's commitment to future community or public service.
Application Closing Date
• 31 January 2011
• Students awarded this scholarship in previous years need to fax their 2010 academic results to (03) 9637 3600 by 28 February 2011.
• VBAF has identified education opportunities for young people affected by the fires as important to their ongoing recovery.
• The VBAF scholarships are intended to contribute to a student’s living and other educational costs such as fees and textbooks.
• DEECD may request further information from applicants during the application and assessment process.
For more information go to website https://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/scholarships/