Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Leanne Pleash leaving as Hub Captain Flowerdale

Hi all,

It's just starting to filter out that I have successfully applied for the Yea Office Coordinator job with Murrindindi Shire Council, overseeing the Yea office and library. This draws on my Hub experience, tertiary qualifications and profile in the Yea township. I finish up at the Flowerdale Hub on Friday 7th January 2011.

My manager and I hope that this will be a positive and more gentle step for the ultimate transition of the Flowerdale Hub; that I depart (breaking that nexus between myself and the community) leaving the Hub behind to still assist people, and then later the Hub will leave.

The timing is good in that I have been working hard in the background with the Case Management Service to ensure that our most vulnerable are tapped into relevant support agencies. Overseeing the move into the new building was one of the last big tasks on my plate. The timing is unfortunate however in that people may be away and I won't be able to see them before I go, although I will only be in Yea so not far away. The girls in the Hub will have my number for a soft handover, should it be necessary, in those first weeks.

Deb Hannan from the Kinglake Hub will come down as acting Hub Captain to help support Kristen. Deb is very efficient and a warm, loving soul, whom I'm confident will quickly win the hearts of Flowerdalians. Between Deb & Kristen I'm confident that I am leaving the Hub in very good hands.

There will be a community / agency morning tea 10 am on the 7th Jan so that people in the community have a chance to drop in and say goodbye, however I just wanted you to hear it from me so you know over the holidays. I apologise for the last minute advice; I needed to wait until Deb's acting replacement had been confirmed and announced.

We will put out flyers early in that first week of January letting people know about the morning tea, but if there is anyone that you know of that we have worked closely with that you think would like to know, please feel free to pass on the message.

Should there be any outstanding issues that you would like to discuss with me during that week, please email me so we can book in a time together. I suspect it's going to be a little busy.

Until then however, may you and all your families have a safe and lovely Christmas. Sorry the Hub didn't get organised enough for the e-card; we're thinking we might do a New Years card upon our return on the 4th January. Thank you all for your friendship, support and help during this last year (and beyond), and we'll talk after the break if you're around, otherwise I'll look forward to our paths crossing again some day.

Regards

Leanne Pleash | Hub Captain, Flowerdale Community Service Hub | Bushfire Recovery Services Unit
Department of Human Services | 3382 Whittlesea-Yea Rd, Flowerdale 3717
p. 5780 2704 | f. 5780 2697 | m: 0400 399 061 | e. leanne.pleash@dhs.vic.gov.au | www.dhs.vic.gov.au