Although we would have liked more notice we were heartened that we could take control of the process and drive the outcomes.
The inputs into the plan are:
- The Safe and Sustainable Workshop with CSIRO in April
- The Future Flowerdale Forum
- Community Meetings since the fires
- Meetings with the FRC and leaders of the existing community groups
- The Forum with Mayor Bob Dixson and the Community Plan from Greensburg
- Meetings relating to the Kindergarten and Community House
- Inputs to the FRC via discussions or the blog
The key principles we have adopted in the plan are :
- The Community spirit and resolve to build back safely and sustainably.
- The community has expressed its desire to maintain those things which made Flowerdale a great place to live but use this opportunity to make Flowerdale safer, more sustainable, liveable and prosperous.
We will provide the draft at the Community Meeting at the Rec Reserve on Friday night, 7th August, and seek comment and input.
Once we add the input we will provide a first draft for discussion to VBRRA at the FRC meeting on Monday, 10th August.